The 4th Blockchain Software Engineering Workshop (BSEW 2023) is taking place in Oulu, Finland, on June 16th, 2023, in conjunction with the International Conference on Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE 2023). The workshop will focus on software engineering theories and practices for developing high-quality, secure blockchain-based applications.
The BIG ERA Chair project is supporting this year’s workshop edition. It aims to continue promoting the adoption of software engineering practices in the development of blockchains and their applications. The workshop invites original and unpublished research submissions that use and evaluate software engineering approaches and theories in developing blockchain-based applications.
Submissions can be full research papers (up to 8 pages), short papers, or industrial experience reports (up to 4 pages). They must be written in English and conform to the ACM Proceedings Format. The workshop will enforce the ACM Policy and Procedures on Plagiarism.
The related software engineering technologies include, but are not limited to:
- Blockchain-Based Application Architecture
- Requirement engineering
- Design patterns and reference architecture
- Design/modelling notations, tools, and analysis
- Quality of Smart Contracts and Blockchain-Based Applications
- Reliability and fault tolerance
- Quality assurance
- Security and privacy
- Software engineering analytics
- Software Processes for Blockchain-Based Applications
- Model-driven engineering
- Software testing technologies and tools
- Estimating effort for developing and testing applications
- Software processes such as Agile, DevOps, and AIOps
- Software engineering issues related to managing blockchain platforms and applications
- Experience and lessons learned from transferring blockchain-based applications to the industry
- Experience and lessons learned from migrating conventional applications to blockchain
- Software project management and knowledge management
Papers can be submitted via EasyChair and will be reviewed by at least two members of the program committee. Accepted papers will be included in the main proceedings of EASE 2023, which the ACM Digital Library will publish.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register by the camera-ready deadline to have their paper included in the proceedings. Join us at the 4th Blockchain Software Engineering Workshop (BSEW 2023) for a chance to share and discuss the latest research and innovations in software engineering for blockchain-based applications.